Mobilk - Acer has named the world’s No.1 ranked professional female golfer, Yani Tseng, as its global brand ambassador. Tseng will be sporting the Acer logo on the front of her cap at golfing tours worldwide from ISPS Handa Womens Australian Open in Victoria, Australia on February 9, 2012, and using Acer’s products on the road and at home to enrich her digital lifestyle.
“Acer is a global IT company”, says Tseng, who is currently ranked No. 1 in the Women’s World Golf Rankings, “I am very pleased and excited about taking on the role as the global brand ambassador for Acer and in bringing more visibility to the Acer brand through major golf sporting events.”
Because golf is a popular worldwide sport with no limitation on the participants’ age, sex, and physical ability, Acer chose the well-known golf player, Yani Tseng, to be their global brand ambassador, as she will undoubtedly attract attention and recognition to the brand.
“Tseng’s tee shot is powerful and precise, presenting a charismatic confidence,” says Acer, “Her tournament performance can be characterized as steady, and often during a critical moment she remains focused and holds a great composure that will defeat her opponent. By associating Tseng’s characteristics such as efficacy, speed, precision, stability, we hope to enhance consumers’ recognition of Acer’s products.”
Tseng has enjoyed a close connection with Acer for several years. Beginning in 2002, Acer and the Taiwan Golf Association created the Acer Golf Program for junior players. Tseng participated in the quarterly golf tournament and was ranked top amateur player. In 2003, she also joined Acer’s Top Young Golf Players Training Program. In Taiwan during 2006, Tseng won the Acer Amateur Golf National Ranking Tournament, Acer International Amateur Invitational Golf Tournament, and Acer Elite Match-Plays. The year after, she ended her amateur career and turned professional player.
Yani Tseng / Key Milestones
• Yani Tseng was born in Taoyuan, Taiwan in 1989 and began playing golf at the age of 5. With many years of experience behind her, she is currently ranked No.1 in the Women’s World Golf Ranking.
• Tseng’s first major victory was the 2002 Callaway Junior World Golf Championships (Girls 13-14).
• In 2004, Tseng beat defending champion, Michelle Wie, in the USGA Women’s Amateur Public Links Championship. This was a very important milestone in her amateur career.
• In 2008, Tseng became the youngest player to win the LPGA Championship. In the same year, she secured the Louise Suggs Rolex Rookie of the Year Award.
• In 2010, Tseng won two major championships, the Kraft Nabisco Championship and RIOCH Women’s British Open. In the same year, she was awarded 2010 Rolex Player of the Year of LPGA and named Female Player of the Year by the Golf Writers Association of America (GWAA).
• In 2011, Tseng again won the LPGA Championship, and became world’s No.1 female golfer. Tseng is the youngest player to win five majors of LPGA championships in the world.
• In October 2011, Tseng won the Sunrise LPGA Taiwan Championship.
OPPO has launched the F3, the latest model to drive the next wave of the selfie revolution. The F3 packs a dual front-facing selfie camera - a..
XTOUCH, the leading new age consumer electronics brand announced that Sunny Leone, the Bollywood heart throb will be unveiling its latest flagship..