In a recent survey, consumers around the world responded to the question of whether they would like to carry one device that included a real writing experience with a resounding yes. They are ready to take advantage of Samsung’s recent innovative product - GALAXY Note’s advanced S Pen technology to create and share content.
The survey, which included the responses of 5,000 smartphone users across 10 nations, found strong demand from global consumers for a smartphone that allows them to write and draw with a pen-style device with the same level of ease as write on paper. It also asked consumers about opinions on use-case scenarios where this type of device would be preferred.
Survey data was analyzed globally, showing interesting variations in use case preferences, including:
• Both men and women in all regions agreed/strongly agreed that carrying multiple devices to meet their mobile needs while on the go is a burden.
• Both genders responded that a device with handwriting-type functionality would help to lighten their load. If given the opportunity to replicate the experience of using pen and paper on a mobile device, 64.6% would stop carrying a pen and paper.
• Globally, 75.7% of respondents stated they would like the ability to hand-write sharable notes directly on images, maps, documents or websites using a smartphone; this figure was especially high in Asia (84.3%), leading to the assumption that the need for hand-writing may be higher for Asian-language speaking consumers due to the unique characters.
Respondents were also asked what uses they envisage for a digital device with pen-style capabilities, and responses showed that the ability to write, draw, share notes directly on a smartphone would increase work and life productivity as well as encourage creativity. Increasing organization and creating shopping/to-do lists were frequently desired smartphone tasks. Quotes from consumers regarding other functions they would like to perform using such a device include:
• “The paper/pen capabilities should do away with the clumsiness of the touch and qwerty keypad while also making it more fun and personal to share content.”
• “Sketch a concept or engineering idea and transmit it from a handheld device”
• “It would be so much easier when I am in meetings to just use my smartphone to take notes and then be able to print them out later for disbursement to employees.”
• “Jotting down notes and reminders would be a great help. Easier than using the keyboard, which I tend to get wrong most of the time.”
• “I would send personal drawings to my kids when I was away on business.”
With its large HD Super AMOLED 5.3’’ screen, GALAXY Note is a new category of device that combines the portability of a smartphone with the expansive viewing experience, multi-tasking and content creation capabilities of a diverse set of mobile devices. It retains the portability and of a smartphone, but through a larger screen/uniquely immersive viewing experience and input versatility (S Pen), it offers unique capabilities for creating and sharing content that are uncommon in mainstream smartphones.
Bringing the best technology to handset users in Oman, Ooredoo celebrated the launch of the new Samsung Galaxy Note 8 by giving away a device in an..
Batelco, the Kingdom’s leading telecommunications services provider is delighted to announce the arrival of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha, the luxury..
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a global leader in digital media and convergence technologies launched the GALAXY Note 3, in Jeddah at the Hilton Hotel. GALAXY Note 3 is the newest and latest member of the GALAXY Note family. Samsung GALAXY Note 3 balances strength with artistic design as it added a..